It's coming! Through June and July, Hard Rock will be serving up burger offerings from around the world. In commemoration, they're sending a food truck across SEA bringing burger-y goodness to the masses! If that's not a public service, I don't know what is!
[Hard Rock's Very Own Food Truck]
In typical rock n' roll fashion, there's even a World Burger Tour ongoing, and if you're on this side of the world, take note of the dates below to get your hands on a sneak preview of their burgers!
Hard Rock gave their chef free reign to design their take on a local burger and 8 fan-favourites have made it to the menu from June 1st - July 31st 2016. Each burger contains certified Angus beef patties, with a range of toppings to take them over the edge, across the world. You'll have a choice of:
- Big Italy Burger (New York) - With the goodness of mozzarella, pepperoni, pizza sauce and sauteed mushrooms
- Golden Gate Burger (San Francisco) - Sourdough topped with sliced salami, grilled onions, Swiss cheese, pickles and thousand island
- The Hollywood Burger (Los Angeles) - Topped with brie, caramelised shallots and garlic aioli
- Korean Kimchi Burger (Busan) - The addition of Sriracha-seasoned kimchi, bulgogi sauce, tomatoes, lettuce and Sriracha mayo
- When in Rome Burger (Rome) - Topped with ricotta, sundried tomatoes, pancetta and Sriracha mayo
- Greek Burger (Athens) - Additions of arugula, feta and tomatoes
- Tango Salsa Burger (Buenos Aires) - With andouille sausage, Monterey Jack cheese, chips de batata, fried egg, salsa and garlic aioli
- English Breakfast Burger (London) - Topped with sliced ham, sausage patty, fried egg, portobello mushroom, arugula and garlic aioli...served with baked beans
While they all sound spectacularly flavourful, burger weather in KL called for a taste of The Hollywood Burger!
[I'll just take the tray, thanks!]
And so we lined up to get our taste of the good stuff!
[Carol is in competition with the burger for which is more loved]
Worth a visit when the food truck hits your city? You tell me!
[Check out that brie, poking through]
This burger wasn't stingy on the toppings. Lovely, sweet, perfectly caramelised shallots offset by the hit of garlic in the ailo, creaminess from the cheese and the tang of a fresh, juicy tomato. The mild peppery touch of adding arugula (rocket) to the burger was very welcome as well.
[Do you need a close-up of the cheese? Yes, yes you do!]
The burger itself was well done for the purposes of the food truck, but it retained its juiciness even so. When you go into Hard Rock on the 1st of June (as I suspect you will), you can order how its done to your liking, and when it comes hot and fresh off the grill, that slice of brie will get toasty and slightly melted.
As far as burgers go, the individual elements were extremely complementary and paired well. I imagine it would be 10 times better ordered fresh off the grill from the kitchen. In any case, you'll want to swing by Hard Rock Cafe to try it for yourself. Along with the 7 other burgers, although you'll have to rock up to find out which burgers will be on offer. Yes, we do want them all!
In pairing with the burgers on offer, there's an array of cocktails created for the occasion as well.
(Picture Courtesy of Carol)
[Time to dig in!]